Parrothead

Jobs Available In Cambodia

Parrothead

Here is a site I learned of while reading threads on Facebook, recently. I meant to post this link a couple / few days ago, but neglected to do so. I figured, with members like @luvthai2003 interested in working here, and members like @John_Galt and @dicey eye already working here, it may benefit them, or others interested in doing similarly. Anyway, here is the link to the site: Jobs & Classified Ads in Cambodia

I cannot speak from personal experience. But, apparently, the entities offering said positions must pay for their ads. If that is the case, I imagine it is very likely that you will not find any fly-by-night type positions, or businesses, advertising on the site.

• Like 1

luvthai2003

Paul, I'm not sure what I said, maybe it's a matter of what I didn't say, but I'm retired military. I have absolutely no desire to work whatsoever. I just want to paint, explore, travel a bit, learn, and find me a gf who I can bang the hell out of repeatedly and just enjoy the rest of my life. I keep it simple.

Al

• Like 2

Parrothead
40 minutes ago, luvthai2003 said:

Paul, I'm not sure what I said, maybe it's a matter of what I didn't say, but I'm retired military. I have absolutely no desire to work whatsoever. I just want to paint, explore, travel a bit, learn, and find me a gf who I can bang the hell out of repeatedly and just enjoy the rest of my life. I keep it simple.

My apologies. I guess I had (mistakenly) assumed it from one of your posts. Well, it's still good I guess, for whomever may be interested in teaching. Because, like you, I have zero interest in doing so. Chan's brother wants me to teach him, in fact. I told him I am not much of a teacher, certainly not of English. However, I did say that, with the children here just listening to Chan and I speak to each other, I was quite certain they would be very good at English in just a few more months.

luvthai2003

No worries. What I always keep myself open to is an hour or two of language instruction in exchange for a nice meal somewhere other than a street vendor. 

• Like 1

dicey eye

All the teaching English in Cambodia sites I've visited are more or less useless.

Based on my 9 yrs in Cambodia the best way to score a teaching gig is go by in person to the school you're interested in and chat with admin.

Cambodian school administrators seem to have an aversion to internet applications and  hiring.

• Like 1

luvthai2003

I'm 64 and retired. I am not interested in working whatsoever. I mentioned that I might engage in a little instruction in exchange for a good meal. It'll keep me busy more than anything else and save me a few bucks.

• Like 1

Parrothead
3 hours ago, dicey eye said:

Cambodian school administrators seem to have an aversion to internet applications and  hiring.

Typical of most people (nationals) of Southeast Asian countries. Even if their company has a great website built, they rarely - if ever, bother to update it. And, they rarely, if ever, bother to reply to communications sent to them. I personally do not know why they bother with ads, websites, etc., in the first place. 

luvthai2003

2 classic examples of such websites are expat.com and khmer24.com 

• Like 1

angbumabasa
On 7/8/2018 at 7:53 PM, Parrothead said:

Typical of most people (nationals) of Southeast Asian countries. Even if their company has a great website built, they rarely - if ever, bother to update it. And, they rarely, if ever, bother to reply to communications sent to them. I personally do not know why they bother with ads, websites, etc., in the first place. 

Try going to PHILHEALTH in the Philippines for a fine example of not having a website that works or is updated. :-):-):-)

• Like 1
  • Funny 2

luvthai2003

The only reliable website in the Philippines that I know of is www.cebupacificair.com which is the site for Cebu Pacific Airlines. I've never had any problems with them. They fly all over Southeast Asia with good rates and service.