norwegian26

Long term stay for a 26 year old

norwegian26
8 hours ago, dicey eye said:

Why is oil rig pay so high?

Because its oil and not really sure why. My uncle works at one but is on the management level and gets around 40 000 USD a month before taxes. Crazy money

norwegian26

Hi so I am just wondering about another thing. Should I wait until my "ORDINARY (E) Visa" ALMOST expires before I extend it into an  EG VISA (VISA that is that I am there to look for work) or should I do this ASAP as I arrive. 

I mean, the smartest thing to do it I would assume is ASAP just to get it done, the down side is that I would loose one month of VISA time, the plus side is that its done and I dont have to worry about it.

But is it possible to do it right away or do i NEED to wait for my "ORDINARY (E) VISA" to ALMOST expire before I extend it into an EG VISA?

EDIT: not sure why 2/3 of my post is white but oh well..

Edited by Parrothead
Removed background color.

Parrothead

I could be wrong here, so please do not quote me on this.

But, I think you have to enter the country on an EG, if looking for work. Typically, an EG is not granted an EOS. BUT, I have heard of cases where foreigners here on an EG did secure an EOS

Personally, I would suggest entering the country on an EG, seeing what you can find within that six months, and go out prior to it expiring. Upon entering the country again, you do have the option of the Tourist Visa, which would give you up to two months (one month, then renew for one month before having to go out of the country) stay to see what you may find. So, worst case, that would give you 8 months.

norwegian26
28 minutes ago, Parrothead said:

I could be wrong here, so please do not quote me on this.

But, I think you have to enter the country on an EG, if looking for work. Typically, an EG is not granted an EOS. BUT, I have heard of cases where foreigners here on an EG did secure an EOS

Personally, I would suggest entering the country on an EG, seeing what you can find within that six months, and go out prior to it expiring. Upon entering the country again, you do have the option of the Tourist Visa, which would give you up to two months (one month, then renew for one month before having to go out of the country) stay to see what you may find. So, worst case, that would give you 8 months.

By entering the country on an EG do you mean that I should apply for an EG while at the airport / immigration or that I apply for EG before I leave for Cambodia or what? :)

andy

Paul your getting all your letters mixed up! Enter the country on a EB visa. Then go to an agent and apply for a EG EOS. 6 months. One time offer, but there as been talk of people renewing this. Apparently leave the country before the end of the visa expiry, start the same process again.

Another thing is you could do everything legal. Get the EB EOS and work permit. As a self employed remote worker. Also with your idea of coming and going is good. Stay less than 182 days and you are a none resident, so you would be liable to pay tax at the higher 20% rate only on Cambodian earnings. Otherwise if you stay 182 days and over your classed as a resident, then you pay tax at @15% on Cambodian and overseas earnings.

Or you could buy my bar and pay very minimum tax and still get all your visas and documents. And I will help you get them all.

Or go to Vietnam. It maybe more favourable.

• Thanks 1

norwegian26
33 minutes ago, andy said:

Paul your getting all your letters mixed up! Enter the country on a EB visa. Then go to an agent and apply for a EG EOS. 6 months. One time offer, but there as been talk of people renewing this. Apparently leave the country before the end of the visa expiry, start the same process again.

Another thing is you could do everything legal. Get the EB EOS and work permit. As a self employed remote worker. Also with your idea of coming and going is good. Stay less than 182 days and you are a none resident, so you would be liable to pay tax at the higher 20% rate only on Cambodian earnings. Otherwise if you stay 182 days and over your classed as a resident, then you pay tax at @15% on Cambodian and overseas earnings.

Or you could buy my bar and pay very minimum tax and still get all your visas and documents. And I will help you get them all.

Or go to Vietnam. It maybe more favourable.

Getting a little confused about what you guys mean by "enter the country on an EB VISA" or an "EG VISA". 

So when I arrive at the airport, can I choose to get an EB VISA?

Taken from Movetocambodia.com:

EB visa. The EB business visa extension covers most Cambodia expats, including those who are working and their partners and children, freelancers, and volunteers. The current rules (as of March 2018) require applications to provide a stamped letter verifying their employment with a Cambodian company). 

So kinda getting more and more confused here haha. 

Okay so I arrive at the airport. But the way I have read it I then have two chooses, either the  The tourist visa (T class)  which is NOT renewable and I would have to go in and out of the country.

Or I can get the Cambodian “ordinary” visas (E class) 

This is all taken from Movetocambodia.com

Then I could convert / renew the E CLASS VISA to a EG visa. The EG visa extension is intended for those searching for employment, and can last 1, 3, or 6 months.

And I would then choose the 6 moths extension.

About taxes, I have an Filipino bank account and I dont have to pay taxes since I am an foreigner and the payment is from a non-Filipino business  and coming from outside the country. All foreigners can work freelance tax-free as long as the salary is from a non-Filipno company and from outside the country, if you are a Filipino you would have to pay taxes on the salary. So I am just getting paid to my Filipino bank account to avoid paying any taxes.. :)

andy
19 minutes ago, norwegian26 said:

Getting a little confused about what you guys mean by "enter the country on an EB VISA" or an "EG VISA". 

So when I arrive at the airport, can I choose to get an EB VISA?

Taken from Movetocambodia.com:

EB visa. The EB business visa extension covers most Cambodia expats, including those who are working and their partners and children, freelancers, and volunteers. The current rules (as of March 2018) require applications to provide a stamped letter verifying their employment with a Cambodian company). 

So kinda getting more and more confused here haha. 

Okay so I arrive at the airport. But the way I have read it I then have two chooses, either the  The tourist visa (T class)  which is NOT renewable and I would have to go in and out of the country.

Or I can get the Cambodian “ordinary” visas (E class) 

This is all taken from Movetocambodia.com

Then I could convert / renew the E CLASS VISA to a EG visa. The EG visa extension is intended for those searching for employment, and can last 1, 3, or 6 months.

And I would then choose the 6 moths extension.

About taxes, I have an Filipino bank account and I dont have to pay taxes since I am an foreigner and the payment is from a non-Filipino business  and coming from outside the country. All foreigners can work freelance tax-free as long as the salary is from a non-Filipno company and from outside the country, if you are a Filipino you would have to pay taxes on the salary. So I am just getting paid to my Filipino bank account to avoid paying any taxes.. :)

Yes! Enter the country on a EB Visa. Than go to an agent and apply for a EG extension of stay.

Enter on a TR Visa (tourist) you can only get a one month extension TR EOS.

Regarding tax - if your a resident of Cambodia and work officially 182 days and over, you are liable by law on Cambodian earnings and overseas earnings at a rate of 15% no matter where you do your banking.

norwegian26
47 minutes ago, andy said:

Yes! Enter the country on a EB Visa. Than go to an agent and apply for a EG extension of stay.

Enter on a TR Visa (tourist) you can only get a one month extension TR EOS.

Regarding tax - if your a resident of Cambodia and work officially 182 days and over, you are liable by law on Cambodian earnings and overseas earnings at a rate of 15% no matter where you do your banking.

Okay so when I arrive at the airport I will ask the immigration or whatever they are called to issue me an EB VISA right? :) And I pay the fee and its all sunshine and happy endings?

Is it so? So if I get paid in my FILIPINO account or even my Norwegian bank account I will have to pay tax to the Cambodian government? Hmm weird, but okay.

dicey eye

The tales I’ve heard from expats holding court in local eateries and bars sound like a line from Arlo Guthrie’s song Alice’s Restaurant. “You can get anything you want, at Alice's Restaurant”.

Same with immigration. Grease the right palm and visa issues are immediately solved.

Of course I being as pure as fresh driven snow would never stoop to such nefarious behavior so it’s just hear-say.