norwegian26

Long term stay for a 26 year old

syzmic
7 hours ago, norwegian26 said:

the down side is that I would loose one month of VISA time,

Not a problem.  The visa extension starts from the end date of your actual visa, NOT from the date the extension is issued.

• Like 1

phuketrichard

Paul is wrong about this

..You can enter the country on an EG visa

u enter Cambodia on a ORDINARY ( on the application its E)  visa  cost ya $35, valid for 30 days.

you than, BEFORE it expires, ( can do it the day after u arrive)  request a EG extension. cost ya about $180  for the 6 month multi

They say now can only be used once, than ur expected to have  job or leave, BUT so far NO ONE as said they were refused it by leaving after 7 months and coming back and trying as its new development.

so who knows..

have currently been working in Manila, Philippines for about 5 years but at the moment I am just doing freelance work and earning anywhere between 1800 USD up to 3700 USD a month.

ur under paid :-)

Good friend of mine works for the oil industry as a drone operator an engineer, earns an average of $1,200/day!!

Another is a supervisor and earns $800/day

Camboidan visa appliation.jpg

Edited by phuketrichard

Parrothead
7 hours ago, andy said:

Paul your getting all your letters mixed up! Enter the country on a EB visa. Then go to an agent and apply for a EG EOS. 6 months. One time offer, but there as been talk of people renewing this. Apparently leave the country before the end of the visa expiry, start the same process again.

Yes. Exactly. Sorry. I was exhausted at the time I wrote that and was in dire need of sleep. 

52 minutes ago, phuketrichard said:

Paul is wrong about this

Yes, most definitely. I'm glad I was coherent enough to put the disclaimer at the top of that post.

Parrothead
53 minutes ago, phuketrichard said:

Underpaid for doing freelance work as an online moderator? I have to disagree here. That's decent money.

norwegian26
1 hour ago, phuketrichard said:

Paul is wrong about this

u enter Cambodia on a ORDINARY ( on the application its E)  visa  cost ya $35, valid for 30 days.

you than, BEFORE it expires, ( can do it the day after u arrive)  request a EG extension. cost ya about $180  for the 6 month multi

They say now can only be used once, than ur expected to have  job or leave, BUT so far NO ONE as said they were refused it by leaving after 7 months and coming back and trying as its new development.

so who knows..

Good friend of mine works for the oil industry as a drone operator an engineer, earns an average of $1,200/day!!

Another is a supervisor and earns $800/day

Camboidan visa appliation.jpg

Thanks for the clarification :) Thats what I had in mind it was how to do it, the other way seemed abit strange. But now I know how to do it :) thanks!

Well no, im not underpaid, I dont work in the oil industry, that discussion just came up randomly.

I work as a chat moderator for a Norwegian company for technical support. I get paid weekly. Last week I worked 5 hours for 5 days. I can work whenever I want and how much or how little I want. 

So I worked 2.5 hrs in the morning then 2.5 hrs after sundown and I got paid 850 USD (for that week)

850 usd / 25 hrs = 34 USD per hour which is pretty decent for such easy and relaxed work I can do from whereever and whenever I want :)

Maybe this week I will put in 9 hours a day for 5 days and get around 1530 USD (for that week), this would then be 6120 USD a month :)

I mostly watch TV and movies while working at the same time since ive managed to multitask typing without looking at my screen. Any typos now is due to using my phone and not laptop :)

but thanks for the VISA clarification! 

• Like 1

andy

change is coming, but it maybe slow.

posted the new 2018 tax book somewhere! Did I?

all new laws, visa, tax and so on, are geared up for the larger mass of Chinese, this is Cambodia's real money.

• Shocked 1

andy
28 minutes ago, norwegian26 said:

Any typos now is due to using my phone and not laptop :)

I am seriously suffering the same symptoms.

andy
7 hours ago, norwegian26 said:

Is it so? So if I get paid in my FILIPINO account or even my Norwegian bank account I will have to pay tax to the Cambodian government? Hmm weird, but okay.

most other countries do exactly that around the world. Cambodia is not the odd one out here.

the advantage for working like you are! Find a country with easy visa, low cost, good wifi and low tax.

You will be able to claim the tax back where it is payed at source. That is because you have been doubled taxed. But! Cambodia is slow on it's tax treaties with other countries.

andy
On ‎7‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 6:12 AM, dicey eye said:

Same with immigration. Grease the right palm and visa issues are immediately solved

That may have been possible back in the, so called good old days.

But now do you, and any forum members believe that of today?

dicey eye
19 minutes ago, andy said:

But now do you, and any forum members believe that of today?

I'm of the opinion that authorities now peruse social media (like this forum) to acquire information on the expat posters, so in that possibly paranoid context I will refrain from citing any examples of "palm greasing". Simply put, they spy on us.

Though just in economic terms those government workers do need a pay raise, so draw your own conclusions.

• Like 3