angbumabasa

Young Coconut

andy
1 hour ago, Parrothead said:

If they want to try to extort money from me, because I am a foreigner, thinking I am actually stupid enough to pay that, then more power to them - elsewhere. It won't happen with me. 

That could be the case! And being the on guard foreigner (so to speak). Listen hard to what they have to say, also have a Khmer at hand whom can converse with both. 

What some foreigners don't understand are Khmer labour laws. Believe it or not the law is strict on working hours and wages.

Parrothead
18 minutes ago, andy said:

What some foreigners don't understand are Khmer labour laws. Believe it or not the law is strict on working hours and wages.

Apparently, many of the Khmers don't either. But, Chan will never have to concern herself with that. The salaries of those who have done work for us, have been paid well over what the typical salary is here. Typically, double, if not more, than the typical day's wage, is what workers are paid here at the farm. 

Parrothead
1 hour ago, dicey eye said:

Not crazy, just very eccentric.  A month ago her and her niece plus Wiley went to the local swimming pool in PoiPet with my wife and I. 

Both Wiley's GF and niece were covered head to toe, seemed to be imitating Muslims in their total coverage attire. Neither set foot in the water. Was an overcast day, late afternoon. Stayed 20 minutes then skedaddled.

Just eccentric, not crazy.

Wow. Not the same girl that went swimming with me. She should have at least one swimsuit in her possession. 

dicey eye
1 hour ago, Parrothead said:

She should have at least one swimsuit in her possession. 

They were both bundled up like mummies.

The extreme layered look. Not one square inch of skin showing; not even a toe.

Looked kinda out of place at the pool; 100 other people wearing swimsuits and frolicking in the water.

Edited by dicey eye
  • Shocked 1

Parrothead
4 minutes ago, dicey eye said:

They were both bundled up like mummies.

The extreme layered look. Not one square inch of skin showing; not even a toe.

Her aunt must be a serious influence on her. 

And, that woman is a 100% odd ball.

• Like 1