andy

Return journey

dicey eye

48 females serviced by 2 males - interesting ratio.

Probably fun, though exhausting. Every male's wet dream.

Edited by dicey eye
  • Funny 1

andy
4 hours ago, Parrothead said:

That one is a friend-of-a-friend introduction. Another goat dealer is just down the farm road from where we live. The family already knows the guy

It's good the family knows the goat breeder, friends of another sometimes works out. Would they have the stock I require, it would be ideal to buy and transport all in one go. If there is a discounted rate you mentioned for buying bulk, don't worry I am happy with the figures you arranged.

Inoculations and such, again, no idea at this point

That is not a huge concern. 

Where in the world would you keep 50 goats? And, why so few males to females? You will need more males for that number of females, I would think?

The buck is only good for servicing the does, otherwise for meat. But we have or eyes on another option. Not forgetting that males will fight and that makes for difficult keeping.

Has for where to keep, don't worry.

WP_20180724_16_49_38_Pro.thumb.jpg.ff8490a57ffdf4a0c10ad1408c8625fa.jpg

There is a little place here for a start. The rice turned out not good once again. So $200 per year. 10 years lease.

Have to fence and also planting, such as banana, mango. Have water too.

WP_20180724_16_57_22_Pro.thumb.jpg.33af3de230caaaaf947638520afe3a2c.jpg

would be looking at the adjacent land too.

• Like 1

andy

My own reply to the above, before anyone asks if I will build house and live there! No way, this will be a business arrangement only.

Parrothead
22 minutes ago, andy said:

t's good the family knows the goat breeder, friends of another sometimes works out. Would they have the stock I require, it would be ideal to buy and transport all in one go. If there is a discounted rate you mentioned for buying bulk, don't worry I am happy with the figures you arranged.

Not sure how many they have down the road. Chan and I will go have a look tomorrow. We can't go today, because they are some distance away, cutting grass for the cow. (The one that recently had our new calf.) I don't know exactly where that farm is. She showed me once, as we passed by it.

The other breeder is another 20km southwest of us, continuing out Hwy 57. Never been there.

32 minutes ago, andy said:

The buck is only good for servicing the does, otherwise for meat. But we have or eyes on another option. Not forgetting that males will fight and that makes for difficult keeping.

Two of them will have their work cut out, against 48 does. :D

• Thanks 1

Parrothead
7 hours ago, dicey eye said:

48 females serviced by 2 males - interesting ratio.

Probably fun, though exhausting. Every male's wet dream.

I missed this post earlier. That's what we should do, @andy. We'll put Andrew on the job. He'll get all 48 of 'em mated for us. :rofl:

luvthai2003

Andy, what's the dish with the string beans? and meat called? It's the last pic in the thread.

andy
31 minutes ago, luvthai2003 said:

Andy, what's the dish with the string beans? and meat called? It's the last pic in the thread.

you have lost me there! Would you like to show me?