andy

Return journey

dicey eye
1 hour ago, Parrothead said:

up in Battambang, where you can try the chickens we raise. I'm sure they taste very good

Tell the truth, never in my one and a half yrs living there sampled the BTB chickens.

Might taste fine, though they look kinda skanky to me.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, right?

• Like 1

andy
14 hours ago, dicey eye said:

What's the restaurant's name and exact location?

I hope you try the place.

wp_ss_20180812_0001.thumb.png.a0fb31a8559430536a8540cabbd7b541.png

Parrothead
34 minutes ago, dicey eye said:

Tell the truth, never in my one and a half yrs living there sampled the BTB chickens.

Might taste fine, though they look kinda skanky to me.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, right?

I'll have you to know, our chickens are very nice looking. If you were into that sort of thing, anyway.

andy
15 hours ago, Dante said:

when I had to check out of a flash hotel  (NOT a $1000 a night place! )in Khon Kaen years ago

I too remember Khon Kaen many years ago.

This is the reception entrance of the hotel Phnom Penh. They like big.

WP_20180810_23_59_18_Pro_LI.thumb.jpg.8542062bbdad58e6f2d9472cb79b31d5.jpg

dicey eye
1 minute ago, Parrothead said:

I'll have you to know, our chickens are very nice looking

Sure, if you're turned on by skanky.

Guess it doesn't matter, Mr. Peter, Peter Pumpkin Eater only has one eye and that doesn't see worth a shit/is blind.

4 minutes ago, andy said:

They like big.

Cavernous.

andy

So our journey now by road. Soon the rain had cleared. I came across this just off the roadside.

20180811_171608_001.thumb.jpg.7a6f776e116ce2a611f5a30ab636b60d.jpg

20180811_171515.thumb.jpg.34b537d417d444d6ce9234111abb1b01.jpg

Goats and Sheep. Funny I was talking only the other day about these.

Our ride continued until darkness fell. The road was still busy, I was concerned with the traffic situation and decided to flag down a mini bus to finish off the journey.

• Like 1

Parrothead
2 hours ago, dicey eye said:

Sure, if you're turned on by skanky.

Skanky is my middle name. I'm not proud. I have always appreciated trashy, dirty, sleazy, skanky, filthy err, um, chickens.

18 minutes ago, andy said:

Goats and Sheep.

I haven't found a farmer who has sheep anywhere nearby. However, we did locate a source for goats, at $5.00 USD / kilogram, live weight.

dicey eye
7 hours ago, andy said:

I was concerned with the traffic situation and decided to flag down a mini bus to finish off the journey.

Sunday evening traffic in Cambodia tends to be heavy - everybody returning home from visiting family in how Khmers put it their "homeland".

• Like 1

andy
1 hour ago, dicey eye said:

Sunday evening traffic in Cambodia tends to be heavy - everybody returning home from visiting family in how Khmers put it their "homeland".

Yes and no. Lots of people from Phnom Penh go to Kampong Cham at weekends.

andy
8 hours ago, Parrothead said:

I haven't found a farmer who has sheep anywhere nearby. However, we did locate a source for goats, at $5.00 USD / kilogram, live weight.

Average price for goat's are around 100 to 150 dollar. And if you sell for meat, like you quote 5 dollar per kilo. Or better still 100 dollar. Goat is in effect the same price when you buy and sell again. Only two ways to make money is to breed, can have 3 young in two years. Other way is not to keep the young long and sell them at 20 pounds or under for 100 dollar. Muslims buy at the weight for some religious period.

Sheep are 6 dollar per kilo. But to buy will cost 250 to 300 dollar.

Few more pictures for you.

20180811_171504.thumb.jpg.19654c9e9fd2cbfedcbc2d8e4c281dc3.jpg

20180811_171533.thumb.jpg.5fa4f7ff6dea40c4e6190118f171ac86.jpg