dicey eye

US $10 Cambodian Drivers License

Parrothead
6 hours ago, dicey eye said:

I was under the impression you had a 199cc Phantom, not Shadow. Correct me if I'm wrong. The reason I say 199cc is because those motorcycles were made at 199cc because Honda wanted to slide under a Singapore vehicle law that is better for motos under 200cc.

Update: the Phantom has:

Engine: 4-stroke, 196.9 cc, air-cooled, 2-valve SOHC with a compression ratio
of 9.0:1
I bought mine over 6 yrs ago.

Honda Phantom.jpg

That's right. I get them confused sometimes, as they are the same, just were marketed and sold under different names, depending on where they were sold, I think. Basically, the same bike you have. Sold as a 197cc motorcycle, to save costs on import duties.

Parrothead
1 hour ago, andy said:

Yes you got it right Paul. But check it out. I think over the 125cc licencers come in to force. But like most you won't have insurance. So it makes you think why bother. If you get stoped try wing it or pay a back hander.

In all my years in Battambang, I've been stopped once. I was charged the same thing Khmers were, as they had the fines listed on a board against a wall, at the check point.

I am proud to say, Battambang police are the most honest I have exlerienced in the entire country.

andy
3 hours ago, Bill H said:

I had to pay a fine once ($2 if I remember correctly) but the fact that I did not have a Cambodian drivers license was never an issue....but that's just me.

Was that in Snooky Bill H. The police were, most of the time working to up wages before going up the hill.

2 hours ago, Parrothead said:

I am proud to say, Battambang police are the most honest I have exlerienced in the entire country.

I think most provinces are the same Paul, it depends if they are working inside the law. Koh Kong I got fined for no helmet. 15,000reil just the same has the other 20 Khmers stopped.  

Parrothead
On 9/9/2018 at 4:38 PM, dicey eye said:

I was under the impression you had a 199cc Phantom, not Shadow. Correct me if I'm wrong.

We've been in BTB for the past several days, shopping and paying bills and such. Upon returning home today, I had a look at the service manual for the motorcycle. It reads that it is for the Honda Shadow 200. So, unless @JohnOBohn (John Bohn) says otherwise, I am under the impression that it is a Shadow.