Parrothead

A valuable resource sadly coming to an end.

Parrothead

I have just learned some sad news. After the next issue (Home Power Magazine #188), Home Power Magazine will end its 31 years of publication.

I followed a link that lead me to THIS PAGE.

home_power_2018-09-30.png

I have been a continuous subscriber to Home Power Magazine since 2007. My current subscription ends sometime in 2024, in fact.

I have (PDF) copies of every edition of the magazine printed since 1987, when it began. I will truly be saddened to see Home Power stop its publication. I have read many great articles in its issues over the years.

John_Galt

It looks like it was a great resource. 

• Like 1

Parrothead
9 hours ago, John_Galt said:

It looks like it was a great resource. 

Yepper. Sure has been.

andy

What is the reason for ending the publication?

• Like 1

Parrothead
1 hour ago, andy said:

What is the reason for ending the publication?

At first, I was unsure. Now that I have learned they started a new publication, focused more on the commercial aspects of alternative energies, I'm thinking the original owners are merely retiring. After all, they have been doing this since 1987. 31 years is a long haul, for one generation to carry a business. 

• Like 2

Blackeye

I would love to get my hands on those PDFs for archival purposes. This is the sort of information we should never lose.

Got 'em - thanks. 

Edited by Blackeye
  • Like 2

Parrothead
On 10/3/2018 at 12:06 AM, Blackeye said:

I would love to get my hands on those PDFs for archival purposes. This is the sort of information we should never lose.

Got 'em - thanks. 

Keep in mind, one more issue to go. I will receive it within the next month or so, and add it to the list.

Edited by Parrothead
  • Like 1

Dante
On 5 October 2018 at 4:21 AM, Parrothead said:

Keep in mind, one more issue to go. I will receive it within the next month or so, and add it to the list.

Just noticed this now, written about a month before Paul passed away. RIP

-- " we know not the day nor the hour" 

Edited by Dante
  • Thanks 1