dicey eye

Cambodia-Thailand-single-visa

dicey eye

Cambodia, Thailand single visa - Khmer Times

Chea Vannak / Khmer Times Share:
ibko6jww.jpg

Cambodia and Thailand have agreed to promote the use of single visa for foreign tourits, particularly among those traveling within the Ayeyawady-Chao Phraya-Mekong Economic Cooperation Strategy (ACMECS) countries.

In the second Cambodia-Thailand tourism Ministers meeting held in Kampot, the two sides said they planned to bring up the idea of using ACMECS single visa for foreign tourists to the Asean Tourism Ministers meeting.

The proposal for single visa for the region was unveiled after a model scheme was implemented successfully between Cambodia and Thailand. Currently, only Cambodia and Thailand use the multiple-entry visa for foreign visitors.

andy

My first impression is it's suddenly going to get expensive.

Secondly the Thais had put the law on the land border crossings to stop the foreigners leaving Thailand via doing border runs. Doing this would close loopholes making sure that the visitor had the appropriate visa for their intended stay. 

Also I don't think Cambodia is upto the visa stage like the neighbours on 3 sides of the country.

But we all know of the limitations of Thai visas such has business. Also monies needed for retirement.

It would like the work permit, and now the business licence both equally applied for online. So it wouldn't surprise me if the Thais implicated their visa system for Cambodia.

John_Galt
43 minutes ago, andy said:

So it wouldn't surprise me if the Thais implicated their visa system for Cambodia.

That is kind of what I was thinking. Thailand probably wont accept the fact that Cambodian visas are too easy to get.  Which means Cambodia would have to make their Visa process harder.

Edit: The article talks about tourist visa. So probably different than the long term individual country visa. 

andy
2 hours ago, John_Galt said:

Edit: The article talks about tourist visa. So probably different than the long term individual country visa

Think that is probably right. (Let's think that way).

But like I quoted. First the work permit online, if I am not mistaken that's sorted in Singapore, now business licences online, I don't know whom is sorting that. I don't think Cambodia is up to the task.

Biggest problem I would think is the Chinese! Look at the work permit situation. 240.000 in the country with visas and 

re-aplied. But only 10.000 work permits last year.

More Chinese to come, also Thailand rolled out the red carpet. Money is being lost because the system and management is inefficient.

• Like 1

dicey eye

I see the report as typical diplomatic tinged political rhetoric. Fancy words that sound good, but actually says nothing. Typical obfuscating  bull crap.

Or put in simpler words: 'round and 'round the mulberry bush the monkey chased the weasel...........

Edited by dicey eye
  • Funny 1

andy
57 minutes ago, dicey eye said:

bull crap.

We would call cow pat.

Took some finding of something close to your version.

Half a pound of tuppennyrice,
Half a pound of treacle.
That's the way the money goes,
Pop! goes the weasel.

Every night when I go out,
The monkey's on the table,
Take a stick and knock it off,
Pop! goes the weasel.
Up and down the City road,
In and out the Eagle,
That’s the way the money goes,
Pop goes the weasel.

American version -

All around the cobblers 

house,
The monkey chased the people.
And after them in double haste,
Pop! goes the weasel.

In 1901 in New York the opening lines were:

All around the chicken coop,
The possum chased the weasel.

dicey eye

This is the one I sang as a young whippersnapper:

All around the mulberry bush,
The monkey chased the weasel.
The monkey thought ’twas all in good fun,
Pop! goes the weasel.

Up and down the King's Road,
In and out the Eagle,
That's the way the money goes -
Pop! goes the weasel.

A penny for a spool of thread,
A penny for a needle—
That's the way the money goes,
Pop! goes the weasel.

Edited by dicey eye
  • Funny 1

Dante

What ever about those proposed changes already mentioned here, I'm pissed off with losing nearly 2 pages of my passport entering cambodia through Cham Yeam / Koh Kong anytime I visit! Two bloody pages.  They stick a visa on , which takes a full page, and then stamps -2 thai/ 2 Cambodian on another page. 

Does anyone know if it's advisable to get the online visa or have first hand experience with them? I'd appreciate any advice on this to prevent using up my passport so quickly.  I need to use this border crossing, Koh Kong. 

mollydooker

I will require a new Australian passport next year coz of the full page visas from both Cambodia and Vietnam ....this is over 3 years before it expires ....damn it !!!

Australian passports hold the dubious honor of being the MOST EXPENSIVE in the world !!!!!

andy
15 hours ago, Dante said:

Does anyone know if it's advisable to get the online visa or have first hand experience with them? I'd appreciate any advice on this to prevent using up my passport so quickly.

I think there's a "e" visa available, as in electronic visa, but beware it is only a 1 month tourist visa. But check it out I maybe wrong. EG EOS seem to be the preferred one page stamp for 6 months stay at the moment, but don't forget you need to get a 1 month EB visa on entry first, and then apply for the EG EOS 3 or 6 month's. This extension allows the holder to look for employment or business.