angbumabasa

Christmas Eve in the PI

angbumabasa

Son and Niece (more like daughter) have been here from Cebu over the weekend. More and more family showing up today. Busy on the farm. Beginning about 20:00 hrs ALL traffic will cease on the National Road. Folks walking everywhere. The two large churches between here and Maasin will take over the road about 22:00 hrs. They will set up chairs, blocking the entire road for Midnight Mass. After Mass, folks again will walking, sone going to families, others going to cemetery to visit the dead. Not much sleep tonight for some as many  heret will attend dawn Masses. Tomorrow will be very quiet except TV and eating. And sleeping.   I haven't a clue how many are staying the night, but have plenty of room.    :lol:

• Like 1

John_Galt

I ate a sandwich and worked 13 hours. 

So not too bad of a day lol 

• Funny 1

angbumabasa

Tropical Depression Usman has really screwed up our Christmas. Family members who came home from Cebu got stuck here. Those who were to come could not until tomorrow. Lots of food left so I'll just pig out.   :oldtimer:

• Like 1

angbumabasa

Oops!!!!

Edited by angbumabasa

angbumabasa

I hope that I haven't made a mistake. I bought my wife a karaoke system, about 700usd worth, for Christmas. She has wanted one for about 20 years. So..... Right there about 10 folks in front of it. This will be going on all night.   :unsure::unsure:

dicey eye
39 minutes ago, angbumabasa said:

This will be going on all night. 

Sweet dreams. Nothing quite as annoying as off-key, half-pie-eyed screeching sentimental songs by the neighbors. I've been known to rent a hotel room for the night to escape the racket.