John_Galt

Cambodian Visas 2019

andy
10 hours ago, dicey eye said:

I’ve seen numerous changes in immigration policies.

Dicey in the time here can you recall any of the visa changes that made any impact on you, particularly that would affect your stay or your work, business or employed.

From the time you state, or at least 10 years back, mostly the laws were there, but not enforced. That is until a few years ago. 

I would say that only two major changes had been with the two E EOS that being the EG and ER.

EB being the same, but now is clear on legalities.

10 hours ago, dicey eye said:

I went directly to the local immigration office and humbly asked them what I needed to do to get the visa I wanted.

I am not doubting what you are saying, the major cities may have immigration officer's. Koh Kong for one is only served on the opposite side of the bridge. We had officer's  come from Phnom Penh also many cities did too.

1325063436_WP_20170516_002(1).thumb.jpg.4712d71a5d254d5239f53000e9a64e88.jpg

Our visit by the team was very straightforward. With also the works and labour officer too. Never any tea monies with these guys. It just would not happen. If you would try offering you may get a fine or find yourself in a cage in the capital along with a $1000 fine.

Also due to many things could be accomplished year's past for a little cash, and I don't think all the doors have been tightly shut.

The PM had staited this himself, also saying that any one carrying out missdermeners in the official officers and the outside would be punished.

May I ask dicey if you had gone to the immigration how much do you pay for your year's EOS? I ask you because of the prices staited above.

But if you have all your paperwork in order and visit the official office in Phnom Penh the offical year's price is $180.

• Like 1

dicey eye

I can only recollect the fees I paid in BTB from 5, 4, and 3 years ago which was $292. In PoiPet the fees are $310. Can't remember what I paid for my visa 11 years ago when I had the guest house and eatery in SHV or what I paid 8 years ago when I had the Mexican restaurant on Victory Hill. Not that concerned about the cost; I just paid what was quoted to me.

Never offered tea money when applying for visa, though once I received the visa I offered a gratuity for good work done.

Common sense would dictate not offering a tip to those four serious officers. Four is an uncomfortable number, too many egos to deal with; one on one is a different story.

Khmer Cowgirl 2.jpg

Pip at her Tex-Mex restaurant, Khmer Cowgirl

Khmer Cowgirl.jpg

Pip bar-tending @ Khmer Cowgirl

Edited by dicey eye
  • Like 2
  • Love it! 1

phuketrichard

in 2008 i paid $278 for a 1 year extension in PP for an EB extension... only extension i ever got

fees haven't changed at all

Never offered tea money when applying for visa, though once I received the visa I offered a gratuity for good work done.

of course u did, thats why u paid $292 and $310 when its less if u do it yourself at immigration.

Edited by phuketrichard

andy
1 hour ago, phuketrichard said:

of course u did, thats why u paid $292 and $310 when its less if u do it yourself at immigration.

That's the point I was trying to make "the official price, but unofficially". John you are right, but the KOW should be KOC kingdom of confusion. Even it's own fit the category.

By the way dicey I am not having a dig at how you go about obtaining paper's and so on. what I was more or less referring too was there as not really until now with 2 new visas or EOS been no change in the time you have been here. Only the way someone goes about it. 

dicey eye
12 hours ago, phuketrichard said:

I did do it myself at immigration, the Battambang and PoiPet immigration offices, not the Phnom Penh main office.

Since I live in PoiPet, if you factor in the cost of going to Phnom Penh would actually make the cost for the visa more than $310. Travel (an exhausting trip from PoiPet besides costly), lodging, restaurants, in-city transport, losing three days’ pay from work all add up to a bundle in auxiliary expenditures.  The $310 ends up being cheaper for me.

Though next year, Andy, how about I just send you all the necessary paperwork and since you reside in PP you could scoot over to immigration and get me one of those $180 visas?????

• Like 1

andy
5 hours ago, dicey eye said:

Though next year, Andy, how about I just send you all the necessary paperwork and since you reside in PP you could scoot over to immigration and get me one of those $180 visas?????

That's all well and good my friend dicey. First point I was saying about the official price, but "unofficial". Only a few people have received this I hear, but also you have to do it in person.

The other thing about it is the money above the price is the tea monies for the service. However if I did the service for you like an agent what percentage of the profits would you think I would recive? I would think max the agent gets $30. If I did the same I would get deported for working on the wrong type of visa.

John_Galt
5 hours ago, dicey eye said:

Since I live in PoiPet, if you factor in the cost of going to Phnom Penh would actually make the cost for the visa more than $310.

Convenience is a big factor for me too. 

• Like 1

andy
On 4/22/2019 at 11:14 AM, John_Galt said:

Convenience is a big factor for me too. 

It's better for everyone.

Convenience is the name of the game.

I have talked to a few head monk's lately without any sence of my questions. To be honest the reply is more on the lines of what John mentioned.

Avoidance to the ignorant whom have no place, is a better way to sum up. Also the teacher will show is students how stupid the person whom asks the questions, to the point of ending you in your tracks

"I have never seen a western monk here".

"My English not good".

"we are finished now".