andy

Why

andy

I had a problem with the signing in once again being locked out for time periods

after apparently putting in the wrong password. The pop-up tends to cover the signing in area.

Only alternative was to change the password. But this went on for several occasions. I was wanting to get back to finishing a reply I had started, but unfortunately didn't finish due to an interruption. When I did get back the writing I had done previous was gone!

John_Galt
1 hour ago, andy said:

I had a problem with the signing in once again being locked out for time periods

after apparently putting in the wrong password. The pop-up tends to cover the signing in area.

Only alternative was to change the password. But this went on for several occasions. I was wanting to get back to finishing a reply I had started, but unfortunately didn't finish due to an interruption. When I did get back the writing I had done previous was gone!

Do you use a program like Ccleaner? Or delete your browsers  cookies/cache (an antivirus may do this)
Passwords are case sensitive and different types of keyboards can create problems as well if your using special characters. $ or £ for example.

I was unable to replicate the pop-up size error. What kind of device were you using laptop/phone/tablet? 

The unfinished writing being saved is based on your devices browser and not with the website. 

andy

EttI had been using my phone at the time. But I also use all three item's you have mentioned. All are also synced, that at that at the turn of the new year gave me the largest headache.

On my first laptop (the one I mostly use) I was in the process of wanting to access photos off my external hard drive, but no luck it would not read, and the messages were that the drive was corrupt. I also couldn't find the driver's. 

Toshiba Japan do the drivers download for free to Cambodia, but when I put my serial number in the programme the message was to get them from Microsoft Europe.

That's when things took a turn for the worse, both laptops, tablet and phone all basicly went down together. Microsoft managed to get in touch and told me they had caused the error on a recent update.

Microsoft rectified this by upgrading me to the latest Windows 10 on all items.

All well and good but my external hard drive had to be formatted, I did try many programmes to retrieve the drive. But in the end the result was losing all my family photos.

Screenshot_20190530-144944.thumb.png.8ea57f17b427f98ec0b3ea67cee79022.png

This was my problem getting on the site. But all sorted now. Remember in the past had the same problem.

John_Galt
8 minutes ago, andy said:

This was my problem getting on the site. But all sorted now. Remember in the past had the same problem.

That one you have to accept the cookies policy. 

9 minutes ago, andy said:

All well and good but my external hard drive had to be formatted, I did try many programmes to retrieve the drive.

I have used this program (recuva) a few times in the past to recover old photos that were deleted.

https://www.ccleaner.com/recuva/download

• Like 1