andy

More affordable condos

John_Galt
5 hours ago, dicey eye said:

A foreigner buying condo in Cambodia is a gamble. As Clint Eastwood said in Dirty Harry: "Do I feel lucky?' Well, do you, punk?"

I would definitely go for one that was already built as opposed to one that they didn't even break ground. 
And from what I see most are way over priced. 

Though I would rather live in a Villa just outside of the city for the same price.

andy
2 hours ago, John_Galt said:

Though I would rather live in a Villa just outside of the city for the same price.

Maybe it's still possible, but with the correct papers the condo you can own, the villa unfortunately not so.

I posted a few photos of this place.

The park I looked and walked around, and not being bothered by the few people there, building's from around the world that you can freely wonder in and out.

It's only 2km from our place. When I first was to visit, it was an invertation of a person whom just invested in a smaller house, gated with security at only $1.4 million. He is only in the country a few months of the year due to his overseas work mostly in the west. But he also puts the time in his own country on large scale projects to make good and benifit everyone.

But for me seing this place, on this scale, l was shocked to be honest, I really don't know how to put the feeling into word. It's not just a few rich people, it is plenty of them. In a way I felt possibly cheated, by the means of foreign aid and help, looking at this on the whole, this conundrum of well to do, could alone have financed and sorted many of the countries problems and helped with needs and needy. But the feeling would be 'why should we.

Roads lined with blossom trees, parks and sport centres, shops, salon's cafe's and restaurants, even a 24/7 fire station.

Huge chandeliers fixed outside in elaborate 

porchways glintting in the sunshine has I ride past carefully going over speed bumps to slow the trafic on the shaded tree lined roads, seeing the Bentley's and other fine auto's parked in driveways, cameras overlooking grounds, sercurity guards taking care of people and property, gardener's tending careful and slowly to exotic plant's. The area is growing by the day with fine housing.

This is Khmer for Khmers.

• Like 1

dicey eye
10 hours ago, andy said:

porchways glintting in the sunshine has I ride past carefully going over speed bumps to slow the trafic on the shaded tree lined roads, seeing the Bentley's and other fine auto's parked in driveways, cameras overlooking grounds, sercurity guards taking care of people and property, gardener's tending careful and slowly to exotic plant's. The area is growing by the day with fine housing.

An entirely different world from how I live. Need crazy money to live there.

I doubt I'd be comfortable in those classy environs. I'm just a proletariat guy.

• Like 1

andy
8 hours ago, dicey eye said:

An entirely different world from how I live.

I would say so!

What is more to the point is all of this housing, is aimed at millionaires.

2019 population of Phnom Penh  is 1,573,544 it's near the population equivalent of the European city of Brussels. 

PHNOM PENH (Khmer Times) – The number of Cambodians with more than $30 million in net assets increased by 170 percent over the past decade, and is set to rise by a further 56 percent in the coming decade.

https://www.khmertimeskh.com/55632/cambodia-keeps-minting-millionaires/

I was trying to originally find a city and country, what would compare. But many countries state the monies over the million mark, and not the $30 millions of the rich in this country.

But the point I was getting at, all the housing estate I was talking about, all are millionaires.

Also with construction development land and house prices have risen dramatically, even though wage (salary) has not equally risen to afford new builds, but people with their own homes and land have become wealthy overnight, and that counts for a large percentage of Khmer.

andy

Most of the Euro village is near completion by the looks of things, I have seen photo's recently of Big Ben being finalised. I have not been for a while, but wow that conference centre will be something to see. It looks like St Peters.

• Like 1

andy

By the way I read on another forum just up the road from the Euro Building's there advertising for English teachers, starting at $1300 per month for kinder garden and up.  Southbridge International School