andy

Donald and Lizzi

andy

Donald Trump says he had "automatic chemistry" with the Queen but denies 'fist bumping' her

qd.jpg.3d33d2f8f7ced11f0105b80028864d38.jpg

Donald Trump says he had “automatic chemistry” with the Queen, following his three-day state visit to the UK earlier this week.

The US president, 72, made the boast to Fox News’ talk show host Laura Ingraham, while he was at the Normandy American cemetery to commemorate the 75th anniversary of the D-Day landings.

Mr Trump said: “The meeting with the Queen was incredible. I think I can say I really got to know her because I sat with her many times and we had automatic chemistry.”

He described the 93-year-old monarch as a “spectacular woman”.

The former businessman also denied claims he fist bumped the Queen as they greeted one another at Buckingham Palace on Monday.

“I did not, but I had a great relationship, we had a really great time,” he says.

“There are those that say they have never seen the Queen have a better time, a more animated time.”

“We had a period where we were talking solid, straight, I didn’t even know who the other people at the table were, never spoke to them,” Trump claimed.

Accompanied by his wife Melania and four of his children, the president was given a ceremonial welcome as he landed in the UK on Monday for the state visit.

This was followed by a private lunch with the Queen and members of the Royal Family.

The Trumps were then given a tour of Westminster Abbey, before joining the Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall at Clarence House for tea.

A state banquet took place at Buckingham Palace on Monday evening.

On day two, Mr Trump attended a breakfast business meeting and press conference with prime minister Theresa May.

He then hosted Prince Charles and Camilla at Winfield House, the US ambassador’s London residence.

On the final day, the president and first lady joined the Queen and Prince Charles in Portsmouth for commemorative events.  

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world/donald-trump-says-he-had-automatic-chemistry-with-the-queen-but-denies-fist-bumping-her/ar-AACy6O9?ocid=spartandhp

dicey eye

If anyone believe's that powder puff piece of royal ass-kissing I've got a bridge I could sell them. At age 93 the Queen has surely encountered more debonair and charismatic heads of state in her lengthy reign.

Reports I read elsewhere stated the President dozed off during the Queen's speech. That doesn't signify "chemistry" to me.

• Like 3

John_Galt

They did seem friendlier than past presidents that met with the queen.  

• Like 1

dicey eye
1 hour ago, John_Galt said:

They did seem friendlier than past presidents that met with the queen.

Could be good acting too. Or she knows how to make a fine photo opportunity.

Can't recall I ever saw any pictures of her with other heads of state but I saw the Queen in person in Punta Gorda in Belize in 1992 and she was quite charming and animated during the Garifuna Punta performance -- all smiles, grins, while giving a number of photo ops; even tapping her feet to the exotic, high energy rhythms.

After about 70 yrs as Queen she surly knows how to manipulate the media.

• Funny 1

andy
3 hours ago, dicey eye said:

After about 70 yrs as Queen she surly knows how to manipulate the media.

Yes plenty of experience.

• Like 1

dicey eye

Two photos of the Queen with two US Presidents - Bill Clinton and Gerald Ford - appears she had chemistry with them too, especially Ford.

queen with ford.jpg

Queen & Bill.jpg

• Like 2

John_Galt

Dt7hJR0WsAE-emV.jpg

• Like 1

dicey eye

Bet her husband the Duke of Edinburgh got jealous with her rather coquettish, quasi-romantic looking waltz she had with Gerald Ford. Similar to Bradley Cooper and Lady Gaga sexy duet at the Academy Awards that broke up his marriage.

PS: President LBJ referred to Gerald Ford as: "So dumb he couldn't chew gum and fart at the same time".

Prince Philip isn't known for his intellect either. Could be a common denominator, why she found Trump amusing too. 

• Like 1
  • Funny 1

mollydooker

Yes absolutely ....both well known for " foot in mouth disease "

• Like 1

andy

I personally like the duke due to his honesty and speaking forthright. He don't beat around the bush.

Prince Philip is married to Queen Elizabeth II of England, making him the Duke of Edinburgh. He is quite famous in Britain for making some rather embarrassing, though often funny, comments. This is a list of fifteen of the best.

1. China State Visit, 1986

If you stay here much longer, you’ll all be slitty-eyed.

Learn all about the self-confident, opinionated man with Prince Philip: The Turbulent Early Life of the Man Who Married Queen Elizabeth II at Amazon.com!

2. To a blind women with a guide

“Do you know they have eating dogs for the anorexic now?”

3. To an Aborigine in Australia

“Do you still throw spears at each other?”

4. To his wife, the Queen, after her coronation

“Where did you get the hat?”

5. When asked if he would like to visit the Soviet Union

“The bastards murdered half my family”

6. To a Briton in Budapest

“You can’t have been here that long – you haven’t got a pot belly.”

7. To a driving instructor in Scotland

“How do you keep the natives off the booze long enough to get them through the test?”

8. After the Dunblane shooting

“If a cricketer, for instance, suddenly decided to go into a school and batter a lot of people to death with a cricket bat, which he could do very easily, I mean, are you going to ban cricket bats?”

9. To a student who had been trekking in Papua New Guinea

“You managed not to get eaten, then?”

10. To Elton John after hearing Elton had sold his Gold Aston Martin

“Oh, it’s you that owns that ghastly car – we often see it when driving to Windsor Castle.”

11. On the London Traffic Debate

“The problem with London is the tourists. They cause the congestion. If we could just stop tourism, we could stop the congestion.”

12. To the President of Nigeria, dressed in traditional robes

“You look like you’re ready for bed!”

13. Unknown

“If you see a man opening a car door for a woman, it means one of two things: it’s either a new woman or a new car!”

14. On key problems facing Brazil

“Brazilians live there”

15. To the matron of a hospital in the Caribbean

“You have mosquitos. I have the Press”

pp.jpg.534297b9d6d380be280c329738ff96d7.jpg

Today celebrating 97th birthday.

Happy birthday Sir.