andy

Living in Cambodia

andy

Living in Cambodia 

Members where are you? It seems after the departure of a friend, many now don't want the involvement in the forum site he had developed for all of you to enjoy. Paul sold the site, or if you all remember he was busy with his personal projects on the farm, being too busy and talking if no buyer, he may even just give the site up. John was good to step in and take on the site at the time with a little technical support from Paul until he could manage alone. For John now the new owner, I imagine that time of managing came unfortunately too sudden for him, as it did so, for your departed friend.

Come on you guys give your support back to the forum, it still lives on, and I think Paul would have wanted it that way. 

• Like 1

phuketrichard

Sorry Andy

BUT, why participate on a forum that only ( 90% of the time) has 2-3 posters?

• Happy 1

andy
1 hour ago, phuketrichard said:

Sorry Andy

Well you have just helped Richard because of your post it's now 89% Welcome back my friend and feel free to post on any subject :) Now we hopefully have 4

Edited by andy
  • Like 1

John_Galt
3 hours ago, andy said:

I imagine that time of managing came unfortunately too sudden for him,

I keep generally busy all the time but  I have been contemplating how to grow the site.  It is a good resource. And I like how it is a lot friendlier than other places online. 

2 hours ago, phuketrichard said:

Sorry Andy

You make a valid point. 

John_Galt

One of the things I can do is post more resource type content. 

Is there any specific type of content you would like to see? 

Also I can do more SEO optimization. (website stuff) 

I also encourage everyone to invite their friends and other expats in Cambodia. 

andy
7 hours ago, John_Galt said:

You make a valid point. 

I am sorry Richard feels that way. Yes he does have a point and had left the forum on occasions, likewise I had myself.

But it had always, only to be truthful been over written words of disagreement and the heat of the moment decisions and debate. But Richard as no valid point, because a forum is built on the discussion between members. All I can gather with his point, he likes a larger audience. If that is so he needs to post here to be again one of the active members, and hopefully his posts will attract more interest, thus gaining more members.

Molly posts his jokes, and John, dicey and myself post. Where's the other members gone, why have you all jumped ship? Was it expected of the gang. I remember before most said also it would be a loss if the forum was just wrapped up. The site is here, but you have all left.

Oz Jon I hope all is well with you wherever you are.

Other past members! You know who you are I will stop naming, 1 have you got here and started bussiness. 2 have you sorted the shade out for the new house. 3 how are you now enjoying Battambong, it's been a while since you talked about it, with you new places to eat. 4 how is America for you and your Khmer wife, still good traveling. Frank I know your here, have you got bees again?

John_Galt
31 minutes ago, andy said:

Where's the other members gone

I think a lot of people just use Facebook. At least the younger people. 
Others might feel they have nothing interesting to post or add to discussions. 

37 minutes ago, andy said:

All I can gather with his point, he likes a larger audience.

People like what they like and not what they don't. 

dicey eye

This theory might seem slightly cynical. LICF's special trait for me is its lack of snotty hostility. Its lack of sarcastic quips and vicious barbs makes it appealing to me.

Unfortunately that virtue could be its biggest problem. Could be many “keyboard cowboys” like the nastiness of other sites over the mellow vibes of LICF?

If that point is valid, the only way LICF can entice more posters is to get nasty too.

Hope it doesn’t fall into the hostility mode.

• Like 1

John_Galt
2 hours ago, dicey eye said:

Hope it doesn’t fall into the hostility mode.

I would much rather keep it small than let it get hostile. 

More google searchable content.

And answering peoples questions on facebook groups with relevant links to LICF. (has to be done in a non-spammy way) 

dicey eye

Issue is people find "niceness" boring. Slash and burn is popular.