dicey eye

Sicker Than A Dog

dicey eye

The last few days Sopheap has been sicker than a dog. Been on IV for 3 days, high fever, weakened state, back and forth to doctor and clinics.

In the over 8 years we've been together I've never seen her so ill.

Start recuperating NOW!! Come on gal get better.

Pip Sick.jpg

• Sad 1

John_Galt

Hope she gets better soon! 

Anything show on blood tests?

I have had salmonella before that sucked. Two of the many symptoms were high fever and very weak. 

Dante

I know you're ensuring she has the best treatment available. if she's fit to travel consider a good Thai hospital.

Get well soon lovely lady.

andy

Pip don't look too good dicey, maybe, like Dante is suggesting, time to find a good doctor. I do not believe in the drip fed sugars into the vain by bottle, the people here think it's a miracle cure for everything, but the doctors tend too insist on this treatment for it must be a good earner for them, with the item at low cost to them or even free from an overseas medical supplier. It's like trickery avoiding the real problem or illness, the patient feels a boost after a few days in most cases, the result to them is instant cure and doctors made them better with not too much expense.

I don't understand what happened too, I posted before but it's not there. Anyway I wish her and you dicey all the best. 

dicey eye

Thanks for your compassion and advice.

She's on the road to recovery. Is at work today. Still weak, though the boredom of being alone at home was depressing her. Really missed the camaraderie of her co-workers. As for the IV drip the doctor she goes to loads it up with antibiotics and vitamins. Four syringes of a vitamin-antibiotic cocktail.

As for the Thai hospital option: I remember what Poster Bill H wrote concerning his botched operation at a Thai hospital (and he's a doctor too).

Contrary to popular belief, there are some competent Khmer doctors. Maybe not many, but some. The female physician attending her is one of the good gals.

Edited by dicey eye
  • Like 1

Dante
9 hours ago, dicey eye said:

She's on the road to recovery

Excellent news!

I have to admit I was reluctant to make any suggestions on Sopheap's treatment for fear of appearing rude and  "not my place", but out of genuine concern  I threw good manners out the window. No offence intended. The main thing is Soheap is back on her feet and regaining her strength. Please give her my regards....tell her she had us all worried!:blush:

• Like 3

andy
15 hours ago, dicey eye said:

As for the IV drip the doctor she goes to loads it up with antibiotics and vitamins. Four syringes of a vitamin-antibiotic cocktail.

Yes that would be the correct way you would think, to get the medicine to the problem that is the normal way after surgery, or a severe infection, and would not be done for the many that you would see daily sat on the back of a moto, seems to me it's the country's medical wonder cure to eliminate all known illness.

I don't have the same confidence has many others do, but even then the Khmer who want, and have the money seek medical attention outside of the country. It goes very deep here, of if qualified or not, being in favour of the medicines supply officials counts for mostly success, being that I know of qualified foreigners who can't obtain the drugs, or the suppliers prices to them are made too expensive to pass on to the patient. I find this a big problem with one of the main drugs my lady needs every month that I can get it only at one place in the city, a western pharmacist can't obtain it for me from suppliers. Ever wondered also that the only legal drugs, are all downers in this country.

The good thing is that Pip is recovering, so a very good outcome.     

dicey eye
4 hours ago, andy said:

The good thing is that Pip is recovering, so a very good outcome.     

She's 90% recovered and feisty; playing around grabbing at my privates again, her method of teasing me.

4 hours ago, andy said:

the Khmer who want, and have the money seek medical attention outside of the country.

Sopheap is the exception. She has the financial means to go outside the country for medical care BUT adamantly, violently refuses to do so. She ONLY prefers home-country, (Khmer) doctors. Also the female doctor in Phnom Penh that's been attending her cancer treatment for the last 10 yrs is doing a top notch job.

• Like 1

andy
10 hours ago, dicey eye said:

female doctor in Phnom Penh that's been attending her cancer treatment

I agree a very serious illness and not really curable, I have lost friends at home and here of this illness. Control would be a more fitting explanation for some illnesses. But here that can be taken away from people so easily, firstly for many it's if you can afford to be treated. Secondly, has I quoted earlier, if the medicine is available.

10 hours ago, dicey eye said:

She has the financial means to go outside the country for medical care

She is very lucky to be able to do so, most in the country don't have any choice, many can't even pay for basic medication. Hun Sen's preference is outside of the country due to the lack of experience  and quality care here. But even to travel, the first problem for many would be to obtain a pasport, or be simply granted a visa of the country they wish to visit. 

In my partner's case, she may possobly obtain the recommendation of a passport from her doctor for a negotiated fee, due to the past conversion of a liver transplant in Singapore, cost @$100,000 and a success rate of less then 10%. Medicine is our/her only way to keep any type of control measure of her illness, I am trying to keep on top of aquireing the medicine alone, so far it's only available in 3 pharmacies in the country due to who maybe in favour. I have asked the question's if the person whom needs this, either can't afford or obtain! Simplified answer, missing one day of the medicine is fatal for the patient.

This type of this thread "subject" depresses me, due to the fact the end result for her is a certaintee and out of my control (but can hope).

I can only support with medication while available, and of the care and compassion I can provide, "the latter is very sadly missing in people of this country", even to the members of her family. 

I can only sympathise what she is suffering from the ailments, now with her daily added staites of depression, anxiety and anger I will abstain from medical posts on this subject.  

dicey eye
29 minutes ago, andy said:

firstly for many it's if you can afford to be treated

Sopheap has been getting her chemotherapy medicine, blood work and quarterly check up at no cost. An NGO finances medicine and physician's fees.

Her only cost is the travel expenses.