dicey eye

Big C Shopping Center in PoiPet

dicey eye

The Multiplex cinema also has branches in Phnom Penh (2) and Siem Reap that I'm aware of; maybe more. First class film resolution and excellent sound.

Edited by dicey eye
  • Like 1

andy
On 10/6/2019 at 10:13 AM, John_Galt said:

It does look a little busy. 

It certainly does, and I for one try to avoid anything that is busy and crowded.

I wonder if their were plenty of promotion's.

Is it still busy now dicey? And what price is a cinema seat?

Hedgehog
1 hour ago, andy said:

And what price is a cinema seat?

$3.50 for weekdays, $4 for the weekend. 

Just went there last night for the 21:00 screening of Joker. The theatre itself was half-full. Big C was quite crowded though, there were long lines for the cashiers.

• Like 2

dicey eye

I went there Saturday, October 12th, not crowded,

I saw Joker opening day (Oct 5), only ten people in the audience. All the other movies that were either Khmer or animated were sold out.

Saw the new Will Smith movie Gemini Man on Saturday the 12th, only a handful of  people in theater. Half way through the film there was a power outage.

Edited by dicey eye

andy

The price is not too bad. But if the power goes out it spoils it a little. Did the power come back on. Or did you get a refund 

dicey eye
9 hours ago, dicey eye said:

Half way through the film there was a power outage.

The power was off for over an hour. Not sure how long, I left. Theatre offered rain check admission for the next showing.

Both Pip and I were disappointed in the quality of food at the sprawling food court. Over priced, skimpy portions and lackluster taste.

Edited by dicey eye
  • Like 1

andy
22 hours ago, dicey eye said:

The power was off for over an hour. 

That is certainly more then a little disappointing.

I would have thought generators. 

23 hours ago, dicey eye said:

disappointed in the quality of food

Is it because they are not using Thai staff who will be used to the store if it is in franchise with Thai goods. Never mind it can only get worse.

dicey eye
15 hours ago, andy said:

I would have thought generators. 

Big C has a humongous generator. The entire store was lit up; unfortunately not powerful enough to run the cinema equipment.

andy

Digital equipment would be used for sure 2K – for most theatre screens, 4K - for large theatre screens, and S2K, which was specifically designed for small theatres, all using low power. I would suggest it being the problem of human error. But, "yes" it is from the source of supply, such has the hydro systems. But no, the source of supply for Poi Pet comes from Thailand doesn't it, so more likely someone forgot to pay the bill.

dicey eye
On 10/17/2019 at 2:17 AM, andy said:

the source of supply for Poi Pet comes from Thailand doesn't it, so more likely someone forgot to pay the bill

All of PoiPet was blacked out at that time. With the huge population growth the lines are regularly upgraded to accommodate the expanding number of users. During the upgrades they turn off the power.

Big C cinema uses 4K digital.