dicey eye

Shadow Eats in Pizza-land

dicey eye

Domimo’s Pizza Not Half Bad

Was visiting wife’s family in Phnom Penh. Cambodia in late July. Got a craving or pizza. In PoiPet where I live, there is no worthwhile pizza in the entire city. So while in Phnom Penh decided to give a few of the pizzerias a try.
In the evening July 27th after four days of sampling lackluster pizzas and too lazy to take a tuk-tuk to another pizza joint opted to give one of those maligned franchise pizzerias that do home delivery a taste.
Called Domimo’s Pizza and ordered a large pepperoni, thin base pizza. Online the last few years Domimo’s Pizza has gotten less than laudatory reviews.
Within a half hour the pizza arrived at the apartment still hot and toasty.
What a pleasant surprise. Base cooked to a fine crispiness, loads of mozzarella cheese and amazingly enough topped with lots of real pepperoni.
I give Domimo’s Pizza a thumbs up and can unabashedly say their pizza ain’t half bad.

I realize my critique of Domino’s is considerably more positive than the vast majority of Tripadvisor and general populace reviews which are overwhelmingly negative. That acknowledged, I still prefer Domino’s over the other Cambodian pizza places like Pizza Company or Pizza Factory.

dominos.jpg

John_Galt

I haven't tried Dominos in Cambodia. Looks good though.

Does it actually have pizza sauce instead of the Cambodian mayonnaise sauce? 

dicey eye

It has as close to the real Italian pizza sauce I grew up with in an Italian neighborhood of NY. Well seasoned - tomatoes, garlic, oregano for a pleasant zippy flavor (no darn mayo, thank goodness). Wish they delivered to PoiPet. I'd order ten, eat one right away and freeze the others until needed; then defrost and warm til cheese melts.

Where you are in BTB, about the best pizza I've had there was from Bamboo Restaurant  and Hotel. $6 for the basic cheese- marinara sauce pie then 50 cents more for each topping.

Edited by dicey eye

John_Galt

If you paid a taxi driver they would probably get you a pizza on their return trip from Phnom Penh. 

I agree Bamboo has the best pizza in BTB

dicey eye

There a Domino's in Siem Reap if I'm not mistaken. National Road 6, Bantray Chase Village, Slorkram Commune
Siem Reap, Cambodia 17251

Siem Reap is about a 3 hour drive while Phnom Penh is a 9 hour drive. Maybe from Siem Reap a taxi could deliver. Transport would likely cost more than the pizza.

Edited by dicey eye

John_Galt

Siem Reap is definitely the better option. I have never gotten food delivered but when I get stuff delivered by taxi it is generally $2.5 - $5. 

dicey eye

Never driven from PoiPet to Siem Reap so I guessed at what the travel time might be. After inquiring found out it is about an hour and a half drive.